Airfordable is a travel and financial technology company on a mission to make travel accessible and affordable to anyone, anywhere. Travel is one of the highest household expenses, yet its accessibility is limited to only those who can purchase at cost. We make travel accessible by enabling anyone to book a flight for only a fraction of the cost upfront and the rest in installments before departure.
This is only the beginning of our journey to make travel accessible. We are dedicated to building a travel platform that will empower traveler to do more with less in an easy and fun way. Airfordable has been helping customers travel since 2015. We are a 2016 graduate of Y-Combinator and have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Conde Nast Traveler, Essence Magazine and more.
About the role
You'll be joining a small, close-knit remote team that does anything and everything to make Airfordable run smoothly. Your responsibilities will be a hybrid of majority of travel agency work including customer support & success tasks which can be routine in nature. It is important to us that you have relevant or related experience in both. You will be working with a team that constantly pushes boundaries to innovate, thinks two steps ahead of the curve, and meets the high standards we set for ourselves. We make decisions grounded on data, move quickly and get things done.
In this role, you will:
- Manage flight reservations and installment plans from end to end.
- Provide exceptional customer service support to travelers through live chat, email and social media channels.
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing from a customer success standpoint
- Work cross-functionally with the Operations and Software engineering team to improve the Airfordable customer experience
- Serve as the voice of our travelers and provide internal feedback to the team on how we can better serve our travelers.
You're an experienced growth marketer that is fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit to lead our early marketing and community growth. You're highly analytical, but requires right-brainedness to succeed. Expect to utilize a suite of marketing tools to determine efficacy of campaigns with a potentially long-tail to conversion. This role is a blend of analysis, strategy and execution, and requires a high level of synchronization with the management team.
- Self-Starter - you have a bias toward action and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Curious - you always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial - you love responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty - you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Passionate - you are passionate about travel and hungry to learn as much as you can
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- At least 2 years of experience in a travel agency / customer service related role
- Customer centric mentality with a track record of providing exceptional customer service and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Can communicate respectfully and professionally at all times (even when customers are not so respectful/professional)
- Having at least a Bachelor's degree is nice, but we're more interested in critical thinkers who are hungry to learn and get things done.
- Past experience working at a startup or travel agency or strong desire to be at a startup and a part of a growing company and the challenges that come with it.
- Must be able to work some weekends
- Must love routine and structured work
Remote is in our DNA since inception rather than due to pandemic and will always stay that way. Nothing beats starting your day with a great cup of coffee from your favorite coffee shop or grabbing a quick beer to end your day.
Competitive compensation to benefit ratio
We invest in every member to grow and be the best versions of themselves professionally and personally. Our compensation is not just about monetary(salary) but your wellbeing.
It's like homecoming three times a year. The entire company transports to a destination of our choosing to mingle and to set or realign the priorities of the company in relation to our customers' needs. It's always a fun time to connect with each team member.
At the end of the interview, you’ll be prompted to complete your profile including uploading your resume. It’s important you complete this as it will make a big difference in your application.
The interview process is in 3 stages and you will advance to each stage only if you pass the criteria we're looking for:
- 1st Interview - Customer Travel Specialist Interview (Online)
- 2nd Interview - Culture Fit Interview (Online)
- 3rd Interview - Meet the Team (Video Call)
Airfordable is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.