Airfordable is a travel and financial technology company on a mission to make travel accessible and affordable to anyone, anywhere. Travel is one of the highest household expenses, yet its accessibility is limited to only those who can purchase at cost. We make travel accessible by enabling anyone to book a flight for only a fraction of the cost upfront and the rest in installments before departure.
This is only the beginning of our journey to make travel accessible. We are dedicated to building a travel platform that will empower traveler to do more with less in an easy and fun way. Airfordable has been helping customers travel since 2015. We are a 2016 graduate of Y-Combinator and have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Conde Nast Traveler, Essence Magazine and more.
About the role
The ideal person or agency for this role is driven by our mission. You'll be joining a small, tight-knit remote team that does anything and everything to make Airfordable run smoothly. Your main focus will be to create and lead all online and offline marketing efforts that will create awareness and growth. There is no firewall between growth and product — the two are intimately linked, and mutually reinforcing. Your input will weigh heavily on product decisions that affect acquisition, activation and retention.
In this role, you will
- Assist with development and implementation an aggressive yet cost effective growth strategy for the company that will increase number of airfordable key metrics as well as increase retention of new and existing customers.
- Innovate and develop marketing strategies and campaigns that drive short term and long term growth
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, engagement, and revenue
- Implement paid, non-paid, online and offline marketing tactics, while monitoring the relative performance and efficiency of both efforts
- Optimize our exisiting referral program and establish an email marketing program
- Generate data-driven hypotheses for improving marketing performance, execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- Manage social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Refine brand positioning and messaging
You're an experienced growth marketer that is fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit to lead our early marketing and community growth. You're highly analytical, but requires right-brainedness to succeed. Expect to utilize a suite of marketing tools to determine efficacy of campaigns with a potentially long-tail to conversion. This role is a blend of analysis, strategy and execution, and requires a high level of synchronization with the management team.
- Self-Starter - you have a bias toward action and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Curious - you always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial - you love responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty - you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Passionate - you are passionate about travel and hungry to learn as much as you can
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- A growth mindset – a clear and evidenced drive to improve performance through continued learning
- At least 3 years of growth marketing experience in a consumer space
- Strong proficiency in marketing tools such as Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Google adwords etc
- Familiar with marketing on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience scaling paid and organic user acquisition campaigns
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing//Advertising/Communications/ any quantitative field is nice, but we're more interested in critical thinkers who are hungry to learn and get things done.
Remote is in our DNA since inception rather than due to pandemic and will always stay that way. Nothing beats starting your day with a great cup of coffee from your favorite coffee shop or grabbing a quick beer to end your day.
Competitive compensation to benefit ratio
We invest in every member to grow and be the best versions of themselves professionally and personally. Our compensation is not just about monetary(salary) but your wellbeing.
It's like homecoming three times a year. The entire company transports to a destination of our choosing to mingle and to set or realign the priorities of the company in relation to our customers' needs. It's always a fun time to connect with each team member.
Great! Drop us a line at email@example.com with information about yourself, why you should be considered and your resume. Make sure to include your LinkedIn, AngelList or Github profile if any. It makes a big difference in your application.
Airfordable is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.